top of page

Church History

St David's Church, Shenley Green, is a parish church of the Church of England

located in Shenley Green, Birmingham.

Until 1970 services were held in the church hall, which was opened in 1962. In February 1969, twelve Birmingham Scouts hauled 3 stones from St David's Cathedral in Pembrokeshire to Shenley Green. The 200 mile journey took 56 hours with the scouts working in relay teams of 4 pulling a hand trek cart.

The stones were later included in the new church as foundation and consecration stones. The church was built between 1969 and 1970. It was consecrated on 9 May 1970 by Laurence Brown, Bishop of Birmingham.

It was designed by the architects of the Bournville Village Trust under the direction of Selby Clewer.  

Previous Incumbents:
David Pendleton 1959 - 1989.TIF
WhatsApp_Image_2023-07-21_at_16.44.30-removebg-preview.png
Chris Jackson 1989 - 2001.jpg
Nick.jpg

 Revd David Pendleton

1959-1989 

Canon Chris Jackson

1989-2001

Revd Nick Evans

2002-2015 

Revd Mark Bennet

2016-2021

bottom of page